The reasoning behind the madness!

The reasoning behind the madness!

Please show your support by sponsoring me



UPDATE! 25 Oct 2010

It is with great sadness that I write this update. On the 25th October 2010 my little sister sadly passed away at the age of 31. She had bravely battled MND for 11 years. She had never given up and had achieved to much even after developing MND, winning the Open University award for achievement to gaining a degree. She will be greatly missed and will for ever be in our thoughts. Love you sis :D

Well where to start, it was all originally done as I was carry to much weight and wanted to loose it. Which I am sure it most peoples story begins, however after loosing the weight I actually started to enjoy running outside. Joined some forums (BCTTT & Runners World), there inspiration and helpfullness has helped me a lot. Now I am also swimming and commuting a couple of times a week to work on my bike! Now since 2011 I accomplished more than I thought I ever would or could. From 5k runs to an Ironman in 2014 and The Outlaw in 2015. In 2016 I am going down a different route, I will be trying Ultra's as you can see from my events I have already entered 3 so far. Now I thought wait a minute I need to have one more motivation and that people is my sister Emma. Since the age of 20 she was very unfortunate and developed MND (Motor Neurone Disease), she is now 31 years of Age. Her health has deteriatated over the years and we nearly lost her last year. My mum had to give up her work and become a full time carer for my sister and my dad takes over the duties when he comes home from work. All the races I do will be in aid of my sister and all money raised will be donated to MND to help raise awareness and research in the disease. Thanks for all your help and enjoy my training blog,

Friday 31 January 2014

Ups and Down's

Well this weeks has its up and downs Tuesday's.

The swim set on Tuesday I could not keep with the my css+ 5secs pace which really annoyed me. This was my main set

Main Set:
All as CSS/100m + 5 Secs with a CSS/25m as recovery
-
200m - managed this
-
5 x
300m - managed 2 of these the rest I missed by about 20 secs :(
100m - managed all of them!

Then I had a 2 and a half hour training session to do at night by this time I was done for. Managed most to of it but I was exhausted eventually had to give up as I could not mantain the 100 cadence so much so that my last L2 recovery was missed out and went straight to the cool down. Then went to my bed early.

I felt as though I had nothing to give on the Tuesday. I hoped that a good night sleep was the thing I needed.

Well Wednesday my legs still felt a bit on the heavy side from all the training the day before and I had an hour of running to do. I was to gradually raise my HR into zone 3 which I managed to do. I think I may have picked too hilly a route, as I found in the trying to stay in zone 3 meant that my pace suffered as you can see. Mind you the pace is a bit quicker than that as my first mile it too my garmin about a 3rd of a mile to actual find a satelite. My average pace was 9:44 which is terrible. Looks like another early night is in order. The way I was going with training this week I thought I would have to right it off as a bad week.

Thursday was to be an easy run followed by a turbo session (just over an hr). This time as Erin's run club got cancelled on the Wednesday I decided that I would take Erin out with me. It was to be a 20 min run anyway. Well she did surprise me actually she amazed me. Not only did she do the 1.47 miles but did it in 18:03 without stopping and I picked a semi rolling route. *GULP* not long till she beats me. Bearing in mind she is just turning 7. Next up was the turbo session this I can gladly say I did and felt good afterwards. Managed to hold the cadence at about 99-100 for the whole duration. whoop whoop. I then had a pre-made High 5 protein shake afterwards.

Friday was to be a swim set, of course this should of been an easy thing. Problem though was that my swimovate pro decided it was not going to work and has not since Thursday night grrrrrr. At least I had my tempo pro (which is a great piece of kit def worth investing in if you want to keep to a pace). So set it up and away I went. Yup I nailed every set. The only thing I did not managed was the prescribed 8 x 50m kick as a cool down. Could only manage 2 x 50m, I am thinking I was meant to use fins when doing this but hey I am hardcore. Well maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment