The reasoning behind the madness!

The reasoning behind the madness!

Please show your support by sponsoring me



UPDATE! 25 Oct 2010

It is with great sadness that I write this update. On the 25th October 2010 my little sister sadly passed away at the age of 31. She had bravely battled MND for 11 years. She had never given up and had achieved to much even after developing MND, winning the Open University award for achievement to gaining a degree. She will be greatly missed and will for ever be in our thoughts. Love you sis :D

Well where to start, it was all originally done as I was carry to much weight and wanted to loose it. Which I am sure it most peoples story begins, however after loosing the weight I actually started to enjoy running outside. Joined some forums (BCTTT & Runners World), there inspiration and helpfullness has helped me a lot. Now I am also swimming and commuting a couple of times a week to work on my bike! Now since 2011 I accomplished more than I thought I ever would or could. From 5k runs to an Ironman in 2014 and The Outlaw in 2015. In 2016 I am going down a different route, I will be trying Ultra's as you can see from my events I have already entered 3 so far. Now I thought wait a minute I need to have one more motivation and that people is my sister Emma. Since the age of 20 she was very unfortunate and developed MND (Motor Neurone Disease), she is now 31 years of Age. Her health has deteriatated over the years and we nearly lost her last year. My mum had to give up her work and become a full time carer for my sister and my dad takes over the duties when he comes home from work. All the races I do will be in aid of my sister and all money raised will be donated to MND to help raise awareness and research in the disease. Thanks for all your help and enjoy my training blog,

Thursday 23 June 2016

Mens 10km

Wanted to use this as a bit of speed work to see if I had improved in my pacing over this distance. Got the 5km kind of worked out. It was a lovely day at being that we started at the Riverside museum the scenery was nice to start with.

The start was a bit of a bottle neck and being that you could not see bollards etc in front there was a few near misses. The course is mostly flat and running through Glasgow at that time was hilarious. There is not much support after 1 mile. You basically run past the finish line, go through Glasgow Green to come back out to George Square and cross the finish line. In and around George Square was busy with spectators. Not that I noticed many as I had my head in the game as I saw I was very close to getting a PB. 

I thought I was slowing down in the last mile but managed to keep up with the person I pretty much matched the whole race. Yes he pipped me at the post but I did what I set out to do. I managed to gain a 10km PB

Time :- 44:59

Thought I had blown this as there was a lot of hazards through out the race. Just glad to see the finish line. It is nice to do these kind of races instead of the long ones as this is where it all started, they are fun and short. 


No comments:

Post a Comment