The reasoning behind the madness!

The reasoning behind the madness!

Please show your support by sponsoring me



UPDATE! 25 Oct 2010

It is with great sadness that I write this update. On the 25th October 2010 my little sister sadly passed away at the age of 31. She had bravely battled MND for 11 years. She had never given up and had achieved to much even after developing MND, winning the Open University award for achievement to gaining a degree. She will be greatly missed and will for ever be in our thoughts. Love you sis :D

Well where to start, it was all originally done as I was carry to much weight and wanted to loose it. Which I am sure it most peoples story begins, however after loosing the weight I actually started to enjoy running outside. Joined some forums (BCTTT & Runners World), there inspiration and helpfullness has helped me a lot. Now I am also swimming and commuting a couple of times a week to work on my bike! Now since 2011 I accomplished more than I thought I ever would or could. From 5k runs to an Ironman in 2014 and The Outlaw in 2015. In 2016 I am going down a different route, I will be trying Ultra's as you can see from my events I have already entered 3 so far. Now I thought wait a minute I need to have one more motivation and that people is my sister Emma. Since the age of 20 she was very unfortunate and developed MND (Motor Neurone Disease), she is now 31 years of Age. Her health has deteriatated over the years and we nearly lost her last year. My mum had to give up her work and become a full time carer for my sister and my dad takes over the duties when he comes home from work. All the races I do will be in aid of my sister and all money raised will be donated to MND to help raise awareness and research in the disease. Thanks for all your help and enjoy my training blog,

Sunday 20 March 2016

Alloa Half Marthon

This was meant to be a recovery run after the D33, If at all I was going to do the run. I never actually decided to do the run until the morning of the run. Just aswell I did.

It was a beautiful morning, dry and it looked to be sunny. So I got up got myself ready. Yvonne and the kids wanted to come along and support me. I had my breakfast first and while the rest of the family were getting theirs, I got my water bottles sorted and my nutrition to eat on the way to the race. On the way to Alloa I managed to run over a bird, which I thought was a bad omen.

Once we arrived in Alloa (I have never been here before) I tried to find a car space, it was mental. There was no clear signage in where to park the car, it was a free for all. Cars were basically abandoned all over Alloa. I managed to find a space at Lidl's..........there were loads. Finished my nutrition and water and headed to registration. So far so good. got registered and I was ready to go.


I met into some of my running buddies at the Strathaven Striders. got chatting and next I know everyone had crossed the start line apart from me and a few of the Striders. Just aswell we all had timing chips. I started off at a nice steady pace making my way through the traffic. I was actually looking for Alan Cox, but I never saw him. I thought he was way ahead only to find at the end that I had passed him about mile 3. By mile 8 I was feeling good so upped my pace ever so slightly knowing full well at mile 10 there was a hill (pre warned about this). I passed one gentleman to be given words of encouragement just before mile 10 "You are the first person to pass me, the rate you are going you are going to over take that car in front". I would of if it not for the fact we turned left lol. Then it I saw the hill, looked at it gauged it then ran right up it. Got to the roundabout at the top pulled back on my pace till I got my breath back and then went back to a steady pace. At the point I knew I should have taken water with me. I was starting to feel weather getting the best of me. It was very warm and I had no hat on ooops. 

I was now within touching distance of the finish line and when I looked at my watch I was on for a PB. Wait I was on for a PB I just did a 33 mile run the week before and I was flying today. What is this all about. 

I turned the final corner to see the finish line about 200 metres in front of me. I decided what the hell I am going to sprint to the line. So I did, got over the finish line and I wanted to be sick. That was probably the worst decision to make but hey I got a PB.

Finish Time :- 1:47:02

No comments:

Post a Comment