The reasoning behind the madness!

The reasoning behind the madness!

Please show your support by sponsoring me



UPDATE! 25 Oct 2010

It is with great sadness that I write this update. On the 25th October 2010 my little sister sadly passed away at the age of 31. She had bravely battled MND for 11 years. She had never given up and had achieved to much even after developing MND, winning the Open University award for achievement to gaining a degree. She will be greatly missed and will for ever be in our thoughts. Love you sis :D

Well where to start, it was all originally done as I was carry to much weight and wanted to loose it. Which I am sure it most peoples story begins, however after loosing the weight I actually started to enjoy running outside. Joined some forums (BCTTT & Runners World), there inspiration and helpfullness has helped me a lot. Now I am also swimming and commuting a couple of times a week to work on my bike! Now since 2011 I accomplished more than I thought I ever would or could. From 5k runs to an Ironman in 2014 and The Outlaw in 2015. In 2016 I am going down a different route, I will be trying Ultra's as you can see from my events I have already entered 3 so far. Now I thought wait a minute I need to have one more motivation and that people is my sister Emma. Since the age of 20 she was very unfortunate and developed MND (Motor Neurone Disease), she is now 31 years of Age. Her health has deteriatated over the years and we nearly lost her last year. My mum had to give up her work and become a full time carer for my sister and my dad takes over the duties when he comes home from work. All the races I do will be in aid of my sister and all money raised will be donated to MND to help raise awareness and research in the disease. Thanks for all your help and enjoy my training blog,

Monday 25 January 2016

The running continues.

Was meant to go a long run on Saturday but after Friday's poor excuse for a 8 mile run. Legs tired and fatigued. I decided to give the legs a rest on Saturday and enjoy some family time.

Sunday was to be the looooong run day. Was going to wait till after lunch well I did have to take Erin to the cinema to see Hotel Transylvania 2, which we both enjoyed. Anyway back to the run. Was aiming for about 3 hours. Got ready, made up 2 water bottles of Tailwind (1x Lemon, 1x Manderine). Warmed up for about 5 minutes. Litterly went about 5 steps and then got talking to my neighbour for about 5-10 minutes. Right okay now it was time to start.

Put the garmin just so I could see the time and not my pacing. Made a HUGE mistake in my first 4 miles with my pacing I thought I was going quite slow until I saw the times 8:01, 8:06, 8:03, 7:46, I knew I was going to pay for that later. I then proceeded to slow down even further...........I think the hills helped with that :D. The weather was warm but had a breeze to go with it. I was amazed that I did not pass many runners when I was out perfect weather for it. Saw loads of cyclists and dog walkers. All of which responded in kind when I either waved or said "afternoon".

As I said I was using Tailwind for the whole duration of the run and wanted to try using no gels. I sipped on the water about every mile and I felt good. When I got to the turning point at Auldhouse, which was just over 12 miles I was still feeling like I had a lot of energy, my pacing was averaging between 8:30 - 8:45 had to look twice to make sure. It was time to head home and this was the furthest I wanted to be from the house (yup no phone with me). Most of it would be downhill coming home, phew as getting to Auldhouse was pretty much a 5 mile gradual hill. I was still feeling good at mile 17 then boom I knew the 4 mile fast run at the start was going to haunt me. Not long after passing mile 17 my legs started to tell me something. I could still run but my pace was slipping by the end of the run I was knackered, however this was the furthest I have ran constantly since April 2014.

19 Miles done and dusted in 2hrs 42mins 29 secs.

Have to say absolutely chuffed to bits with that time. average pace of 8:33. Still need to slow it down especially in the first 4 miles as I am sure I would of gone further. Happy with my progress to date though :D.

No comments:

Post a Comment