The reasoning behind the madness!

The reasoning behind the madness!

Please show your support by sponsoring me



UPDATE! 25 Oct 2010

It is with great sadness that I write this update. On the 25th October 2010 my little sister sadly passed away at the age of 31. She had bravely battled MND for 11 years. She had never given up and had achieved to much even after developing MND, winning the Open University award for achievement to gaining a degree. She will be greatly missed and will for ever be in our thoughts. Love you sis :D

Well where to start, it was all originally done as I was carry to much weight and wanted to loose it. Which I am sure it most peoples story begins, however after loosing the weight I actually started to enjoy running outside. Joined some forums (BCTTT & Runners World), there inspiration and helpfullness has helped me a lot. Now I am also swimming and commuting a couple of times a week to work on my bike! Now since 2011 I accomplished more than I thought I ever would or could. From 5k runs to an Ironman in 2014 and The Outlaw in 2015. In 2016 I am going down a different route, I will be trying Ultra's as you can see from my events I have already entered 3 so far. Now I thought wait a minute I need to have one more motivation and that people is my sister Emma. Since the age of 20 she was very unfortunate and developed MND (Motor Neurone Disease), she is now 31 years of Age. Her health has deteriatated over the years and we nearly lost her last year. My mum had to give up her work and become a full time carer for my sister and my dad takes over the duties when he comes home from work. All the races I do will be in aid of my sister and all money raised will be donated to MND to help raise awareness and research in the disease. Thanks for all your help and enjoy my training blog,

Sunday 2 March 2014

Fatigue in the legs.

The last few days have been different. More of the feeling of fatigue than anything else. Friday's swim was good and bad. The swim was going well, but left calf was still tight from yesterday's run and ended up getting cramp during the 4th 200m and was still feeling it 2hrs later. Was going to use a tennis ball on the foot but never had time to do it. As previously said I use a tempo pro to pace my swimming. I had been using it on mode 2 which means it beeps ever so many seconds (usually 30secs which is about my 25m CSS). This time I swapped it to mode 1 which is more of a stroke count. So it beeps faster (you still set it yourself) Which means my pacing should be more smoother. Never missed a time on any of the swim sets. Will see how it goes for the next few sessions. Main set was.

All as CSS/100m+5 seconds with a CSS/25m as recovery unless specified otherwise
-
6x50m as CSS/100 -3 seconds (@1:15 mins)
-
5x:-
200m
2x50m as CSS/100 -3 seconds (@1:15 mins)

I was meant to do a 5hr cycle on the Saturday but family commitments said otherwise. I instead was going to do a swim set and about 3hrs cycle with a 15 min run straight off the bike.

Saturday

Well how bad could the day be. Started off good, then slowly went down hill. Got up at 5:50am had my breakfast, got ready to head to the Dollan baths for my swim set. Arrived free parking............Woohoo. Only to find out that the pool was closed for the weekend as they were doing Gala's!!!! Well that truely scuppered my swimming plans. Well I am sure the cycle will go better. Took Erin swimming, then to her friends birthday party. Dashed home got changed and went out on the bike (Speed Concept). First time I have been out on her for nearly a year. It was hard going. Did a few hills of different gradients. Went through Carmunock, Busby, Eaglesham, Jackton and East Kilbride and then did the journey in reverse.Even tackled the Cathkin Braes hill. Could only managed 2 1/2 hrs on the bike doing 42 miles. Back in the house, legs a bit wobbly and went out the 15 min run. Never managed to do a proper cool down, stretching as I was already late to pick up Yvonne and Erin.............Ooooops. I did have a Chinese though :D

Sunday

I was to do what I thought was an easy 2 1/2hr turbo session. Did not look too taxing. My legs had other idea's. Started okay, but legs were struggling to hold a high cadence. Took a gel and some nuun but it did not help my situation. After an hour I just gave up, yes not like me to do that but legs had nothing left to give. Fatigue had set in the legs and were in need of some loving rest. Bring on Monday. Which is Reeeeeeeeeeeeest

No comments:

Post a Comment