The reasoning behind the madness!

The reasoning behind the madness!

Please show your support by sponsoring me



UPDATE! 25 Oct 2010

It is with great sadness that I write this update. On the 25th October 2010 my little sister sadly passed away at the age of 31. She had bravely battled MND for 11 years. She had never given up and had achieved to much even after developing MND, winning the Open University award for achievement to gaining a degree. She will be greatly missed and will for ever be in our thoughts. Love you sis :D

Well where to start, it was all originally done as I was carry to much weight and wanted to loose it. Which I am sure it most peoples story begins, however after loosing the weight I actually started to enjoy running outside. Joined some forums (BCTTT & Runners World), there inspiration and helpfullness has helped me a lot. Now I am also swimming and commuting a couple of times a week to work on my bike! Now since 2011 I accomplished more than I thought I ever would or could. From 5k runs to an Ironman in 2014 and The Outlaw in 2015. In 2016 I am going down a different route, I will be trying Ultra's as you can see from my events I have already entered 3 so far. Now I thought wait a minute I need to have one more motivation and that people is my sister Emma. Since the age of 20 she was very unfortunate and developed MND (Motor Neurone Disease), she is now 31 years of Age. Her health has deteriatated over the years and we nearly lost her last year. My mum had to give up her work and become a full time carer for my sister and my dad takes over the duties when he comes home from work. All the races I do will be in aid of my sister and all money raised will be donated to MND to help raise awareness and research in the disease. Thanks for all your help and enjoy my training blog,

Saturday 25 January 2014

Run Test

Well I was too tired this morning to get out my bed early to this test. Plus the weather was terrible. So I opted or more like hoped that the weather would get better as the day went on.

Took Erin swimming, afterwards went to Costa for lunch and then grocery shopping, I know nothing what so ever to do with my run test :D.

Got home about 4:30pm and it was still light outside and the weather had improved. Time to get changed and do the run. Got to the park and then..................................the heavens opened up even managed to get bombarded by hail stones. Not the kind of weather I was wanting to do a run test (which was 2 miles) but having to endure a 20 min warm up before the run was another story. I wish I could of just turned the heating on in the car and warmed up and then go straight for the run but no. The park of course is not flood lit so it would be in the dark oooh joy. Forgot my headtorch this time but did remember my HR monitor woohoo.

Warm up done watch set for 2 miles. Next part you could class as a bit of a cheat. I also set the watch to pace, it was more a of a do not go above this pace as I would never be able to subsain it and at the other side of the pace do not go below it as you can go faster than this. 7:10min - 7:30min. Yes a huge gap but one I knew kicked my backside to push myself. Not wanting a repeat performance of my last run test where my I went off to fast in mile 1 only to have a blow out on mile 2 (7:02 & 7:51) huge pacing error there.

So this time I tried something different and the results were more inline with that I had hoped for.

Mile 1 :- 7:12
Mile 2 :- 7:13
Total :- 14:25 (round up)

Which means that my paces have now changed and are as follows in brackets are my previous times)

Easy Pace:- 9:48 (10:11)
Marathon Pace:- 8:25 (8:46)
Threshold Pace:- 7:52 (8:11)
Interval Pace :- 7:12 (7:28)

Stunned is only what I can say I never thought I could improve on my run so hats of to you coach and a pat on the back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment