The reasoning behind the madness!

The reasoning behind the madness!

Please show your support by sponsoring me



UPDATE! 25 Oct 2010

It is with great sadness that I write this update. On the 25th October 2010 my little sister sadly passed away at the age of 31. She had bravely battled MND for 11 years. She had never given up and had achieved to much even after developing MND, winning the Open University award for achievement to gaining a degree. She will be greatly missed and will for ever be in our thoughts. Love you sis :D

Well where to start, it was all originally done as I was carry to much weight and wanted to loose it. Which I am sure it most peoples story begins, however after loosing the weight I actually started to enjoy running outside. Joined some forums (BCTTT & Runners World), there inspiration and helpfullness has helped me a lot. Now I am also swimming and commuting a couple of times a week to work on my bike! Now since 2011 I accomplished more than I thought I ever would or could. From 5k runs to an Ironman in 2014 and The Outlaw in 2015. In 2016 I am going down a different route, I will be trying Ultra's as you can see from my events I have already entered 3 so far. Now I thought wait a minute I need to have one more motivation and that people is my sister Emma. Since the age of 20 she was very unfortunate and developed MND (Motor Neurone Disease), she is now 31 years of Age. Her health has deteriatated over the years and we nearly lost her last year. My mum had to give up her work and become a full time carer for my sister and my dad takes over the duties when he comes home from work. All the races I do will be in aid of my sister and all money raised will be donated to MND to help raise awareness and research in the disease. Thanks for all your help and enjoy my training blog,

Tuesday 18 January 2011

Cycle - Swim - Cycle

Yup you read right. I was up at 6:20am for the journey to work. I got the bike ready the night before, cadence on and working. Only problem was it took me a while to pair the cadence with the 310xt................so yes I did have to go onto the forums and find out how to do. After 10 minutes got it all done and tested. Bike lights were all charged up and ready to go.

So had my porridge before I left (well I did need something to fuel me and keep me warm). Eventually left the house around 6:45am and started the wee cycle. Now before I go any further I will add that I had a cold and a chesty cough. The journey took slightly over an hour and to be honest it was a pleasant cycle. No numpties on the road, the roads were busier than I expected to be. Also when I left the house the road and pavements were covered in ice, time I got to the main roads roads were clear but the pavements were very icy. So I kept to the roads.

Arrived at work around 7:50am. Next was to go to the gym for a swim session, Now this was going to be a test for me as I had never done a cycle to swim this quick before. Was at the pool and in the water by about 8:10am. So then I started the session. Below is what I did (another 700m session)

2x25m Front Crawl
2x25m Breast Stroke
2x25m Front Crawl
4x25m Breast Stroke
2x25m Front Crawl
16x25m Breast Stroke

Got back to work for about 8:45am and then had a cup of green tea and a bowl of sultana bran with semi skimmed milk, I was after all knackered.

As for the journey home, that was HELL. Weather turned and felt like I was cycling into sleet and it was freezing. Which did not help my chest cough etc. Took me just over the 1hr 20min to get home, which is an all time worst time for me. However due to how I was feeling and the weather I was not overly concerned.  Just glad I made it home.

Had a shower and nice dinner that Yvonne made for me. Plus my daughter Erin (who will be 4 on the 3rd Feb) made a lovely rasberry cheese cake from her I can cook recipe book. So good I had another one yum yum.

Tomorrow I will be having a rest day..............even though there is training. Not sure If I will make that due to how I am feeling but one must struggle on.