The reasoning behind the madness!

The reasoning behind the madness!

Please show your support by sponsoring me



UPDATE! 25 Oct 2010

It is with great sadness that I write this update. On the 25th October 2010 my little sister sadly passed away at the age of 31. She had bravely battled MND for 11 years. She had never given up and had achieved to much even after developing MND, winning the Open University award for achievement to gaining a degree. She will be greatly missed and will for ever be in our thoughts. Love you sis :D

Well where to start, it was all originally done as I was carry to much weight and wanted to loose it. Which I am sure it most peoples story begins, however after loosing the weight I actually started to enjoy running outside. Joined some forums (BCTTT & Runners World), there inspiration and helpfullness has helped me a lot. Now I am also swimming and commuting a couple of times a week to work on my bike! Now since 2011 I accomplished more than I thought I ever would or could. From 5k runs to an Ironman in 2014 and The Outlaw in 2015. In 2016 I am going down a different route, I will be trying Ultra's as you can see from my events I have already entered 3 so far. Now I thought wait a minute I need to have one more motivation and that people is my sister Emma. Since the age of 20 she was very unfortunate and developed MND (Motor Neurone Disease), she is now 31 years of Age. Her health has deteriatated over the years and we nearly lost her last year. My mum had to give up her work and become a full time carer for my sister and my dad takes over the duties when he comes home from work. All the races I do will be in aid of my sister and all money raised will be donated to MND to help raise awareness and research in the disease. Thanks for all your help and enjoy my training blog,

Wednesday 17 November 2010

The bright cycle

Well as you know I got myself new lights for the bike and a new cycle helmet aswell. Yesterday they were put to the test. I can now see what is in front of me, makes cycling in the dark more fun. Not to so many idiots on the road yesterday getting to work took longer than originally anticipated. Took 1hr 8 mins. If I have not said already you can see all this on a program called Endomondo. I am thinking it took that bit longer to get to work as I was being careful as it had been a frosty night and even I could see ice on the roads etc. Yes I did use the road sometimes but about 80% of the time I used either cycle paths or the pavement (if it permitted me to). I even went a power walk at lunch time 3.74 miles or there abouts :D. The cycle home was going to be a good test for the lights as some of the cycle paths are not well lit or completely unlit. All I can say is Woah, even on the flash mode I could clearly see where I was going, still need to adjust the lighting level, I got home no problem..................well nearly no problem I never realised that one of my rear lights had decided to turn off either that or I forgot to switch it on!. I made it home in just over 1hr 10mins so I am getting faster on the home route. Will see how much longer I can cycle in to work, please let the weather stay mild!